NATIVE AZALEA 'RHODODENDRON AUSTRINUM' FRAGRANT SPRING YELLOW BLOOMS Zone 6
I only ship USPS Priority Mail plants to lower 48 states, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Protectorates, and APO/FPO address no international shipping at this time, but am working on same on a country by country basis! If there are any certificates, special regulations for your state, or special shipping costs above and beyond what normally occurs in my regular shipping to the lower 48 states...buyer is responsible to tell me and pay any additional costs incurred...as an example I just shipped to Puerto Rico, though with no problem...I'm thinking, if I ship to Alaska, for instance, I would need to do that during the summer and add heat packs...again, up to the buyer to tell me what is necessary, as you have received shipments before and you know better what is needed!!
- We grow these in Starter Plug, Full gal., and 3-Gal., although not all are in stock year round.
- Rhododendron austrinum (Small) Rehd.
Orange azalea, Florida Flame Azalea, Yellow azalea
Ericaceae (Heath Family)
Orange azalea grows 8-10 ft. high and forms a rather loose, multi-stemmed shrub. Twigs are reddish-
brown in the winter. The fragrant, yellow, orange or almost pure red flowers occur 8-15 together. Flowers are tubular in shape with protruding stamens and open before or with the leaves.
Leaf Retention: Deciduous
Leaf Arrangement: Alternate
Leaf Complexity: Simple
Breeding System: Flowers Bisexual
Size Class: 6-12 ft.
Bloom Color: White , Red , Orange , Yellow
Bloom Time: Mar , Apr
- USA: AL , FL , GA , MS , NC
Native Habitat: Wooded bluffs; woodland stream banks
USDA Native Status: L48(N)
Light Requirement: Part Shade
Soil Moisture: Dry
Soil pH: Acidic (pH<6.8)
Soil Description: Well-drained, sandy soil.
- Conditions Comments: One of the easiest native rhododendrons to grow, requiring no special pampering.
- Plants are shipped out on Mondays,Tuesdays,Wednesdays, and Saturdays...
- I take great care in wrapping plants to assure they arrive safely, but sometimes the Post Office gets careless and damages the package.
- Zone: 6